Maple Syrup Festival

The 48th Annual Maple Syrup Festival will be held on March 10, 11, 17 and 18. The festival takes place from 10 to 2:00 at the Houck Lake Area of Cunningham Falls State Park. Delicious food will be served including pancakes, sausage, sausage sandwiches and other items for an additional fee. Maple syrup products will be sold including maple syrup, maple cream and maple candy. A maple syrup making demonstration will start every hour. Kids can enjoy free games, stories and crafts in a large, heated tent. Live music will be provided by local bands. Pets are welcome in the William Houck area except in the dining/food service areas and on beaches. Pets must be leashed at all times.
This is a cash only event.

A donation of $3 per person is requested in lieu of the park entry fee. Youth group members are $2 per person. Children in safety seats are free. All money collected goes to the Friends of Cunningham Falls State Park and Gambrill State Park. The "Friends" is a non-profit organization which has supported Cunningham Falls and Gambrill State Parks since 1996. Previous "Friends" donations to the parks include Polaris vehicles, skid loader, rescue boat and motor, handicapped beach wheelchair, AEDs, power tools and other items.

Directions: US Route 15 North from Frederick Maryland. Exit at Maryland Route 77 and continue west on 77. Turn left on Catoctin Hollow Road (just past the Catoctin Mountain Park Visitor Center). Follow the signs for the Falls parking and turn right into the Houck Lake Area. Click on the map picture for directions.

Third Annual Friends 10K, 5K, Fun Run/Walk & Tot Trot

October 29, 2017
Houck Area of Cunningham Falls State Park

The 2017 Friends 10K and 5K Race individual time results and winner lists are shown below.
10K Race Time Results
10K Race Winners
5K Race Time Results
5K Race Winners

Gambrill State Park and the CCC

The Gambrill State Park was built by the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) in 1930"s. Many of the park structures were built by the 18 to 25 year old young men of the CCC. From the beginning of this national program in 1933, to the end in 1942, over 3 million young men enrolled in the CCC and worked to improve the public parks and forests across the country. The three stone overlooks, Tea Room and Visitor Center are a testament to the hard work of these men. Together they created a legacy that will live on in American history. The spirit of the CCC is immortalized in the bronze statue of the CCC worker, Iron Mike. The statue is located near the South Frederick Overlook.

We are in the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC)
as non-profit charitable organization # 93047.